Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Whew! what a day!

Well, the morning went well with a trip to the local Krogers..I tried a new sugar-free caramel coffee based slushy drink at Starbucks..yum! My mom called to relay that she had some yard sale stuff to contribute for this weekend...(my carport is brimming with rejects for the sale)..so after loading up the truckbed we journeyed over to my home and unloaded..purging feels so good..and someone else will get a use from our rejects..On the way between our houses, I stopped to visit with a man about scraping and painting our home..I have no idea when it was painted last..I'm sure (I know) it could use a good workover..freshening up..I've mentioned a soft 'blush' color to my husband several times and picked out a few homes in the neighborhood close to that color..he seems to agree that our home would look nice in those pinky/peachy tones..hmmm..
I visited with a co-junker today and picked up some sweet finds..beautiful gathered blue tulle strapless gown from the 50's..a wonderful padded hanger with floral detail..a old ribboned floral hair comb.. and some dreamy trim pieces from old garments..They will gather in my 'to do' projects vintage hatbox..
I'm still having a hard time with getting this blog 'out there'..I've posted my url to the major search engines and I'm guessing that there is some wait time involved..patience..(I have none)
Anxious to get our Tiara Swap partners! So much fun! I'm working on my tiara but with reserve so that when I receive my swap partners name from Holly @ Hollydoodledesigns.com , we can communicate and find out some particulars/likes/colors/passions/collections..etc..This is great!! Creativity is such a gift..I like sharing.. enjoy Deb

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Debbie! Your blog is beautiful! Just darling. I love it. Your posts are beautifullly written too. I love the second one where you describe the crispness of the morning and the breeze blowing your ferns. I'm so excited. I love you!
Holly

wanda knight said...

Hello My Deb, Your blog is beautiful and I know you are going to enjoy it. Now when I look at the Daily Painter's blogs I will look forward to checking out The Vintage Boquet. You have given me courage to try to set up a Blog for my daily paintings. Maybe you know someone that can help me do that? Hint. Hint.
Mom

Natasha Burns said...

Hi Debbie,
I found you from Holly's blog, i really enjoyed reading your posts just now! I'd love to see some photos in there, lol hint hint!!! Your home sounds amazing and I am itching to see it!
Have a great day,
Natasha : )

maggiegracecreates said...

Welcome to cyber world. I linked over from Holly. You are right, it will just take a little time. I will be back to visit. Our house is 100+ years old and while my blog is not specifically about the house, there are glimpses. Please do come by to visit MaggieGrace as well. Teresa

Laurie Anne said...

Hi Debbie,
Found your blog thru Holly's :0)
I'm looking forward to hearing more about you house adventures.
Welcome to blogland :0)

Renee said...

Debbie I am dying to see some pics of your house! Plus I found you through little miss holly too, she is the best. Happy Tiara making I am so excited for this one myself!