Saturday, June 16, 2007

Vintage treasures !



Don't we just love our wonderful 'finds'?? I'm just loving this great vintage tulle gown..I found it a couple of weeks ago at a local junk store..I added the sweet yellow millinery rose cluster (can't resist the floppy flowers and velvet petals).
The pincushions in the next pictures are a recent auction win on ebay..I just love the softy vintage homemade pincushions..I believe my love of sewing accessories comes from fond childhood memories of momma surrounded by pins, zippers, fabric and bits of thread..I can still hear the hum of the old kenmore sewing machine thumping along as she created yet another easter dress for us girls..(3 sisters & me) We all grew up surrounded by her love for us and still have her with us to create memories with today..!She's just another one of my close vintage treasures..ha..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH DEB~!!!! I'm so envious of your beautiful gown. *Sigh* so dreamy!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love your beautiful "finds" Love your blog, thanks for coming by and visiting mine. Laurie

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

It is gorgeous! I have a vintage geown in my guest room. I got it when Iw as 16 . It is stunning. I am glad to know I am not the only one who appreciated vintage gowns. :)