Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Weekend Recoup.. Artsy Finds!!!!



Good Tuesday morning!! Ok..I didn't get pictures of the before/after sale but I am proud to say that 'we made it!' thru the 100 + temp. day! Yuck! Our sale was NOT what we expected! We put signs galore up and ran the ad..by 8 a.m. the crowd wilted to nil..around 10 it picked up again..I did have fun with my momma and my sister Rob..We just visited and lounged around..a couple of neighbor gals came around and I gave them a 'tour' of my VintageBoquet ninny house in the back yard...we did have some fun..ok the day wasn't too bad..lol I should mention that I was attacked/stung by a wasp while setting up in the carport..so I'm still suffering from that...
OK..enough of that...I'm working on my TIARA for the crown swap..I've decided to make two..(one to keep) Holly is showing us sneak peeks of hers..I'm tempted..I haven't figured out how to make the button of the swap fit on my blog yet..working on it..
I would love some 'tips' from you bloggers for getting those pics so crystal clear .. I haven't taken photography 101 or anything..lol I'm adjusting to a new camera too.
My husband Ken and I went to the Melrose Arts & Crafts Show on Sunday afternoon..we toured the old Melrose Plantation, Natchitoches, Louisiana...and I bought some wonderful goodies..OK, OK, let me see if I can take a picture or two to show you............pause
ABOVE PHOTOS...Goodies I got from 'Skip 2 my Lou'..wonderful artist, Janet Waldrop, from Bullard, TX..She is a master jeweler that recreates/repurposes old costume finds into wearable, stunning pieces wearable today..Her wonderful 'marketing' gimmick is to position her creations on old photos..Her wordings on the back of each photo describe the pieces as well..Each one 'speaks' to you..WOW!
Then, I found this great cross .. ANITRA's Originals..repurposed wire creations..This lady won 1st place best of show for a mammoth cross, similiar to the one I picked up..A lota' love and strength in those hands!...
Ok girlies..I DO need some picture taking tips..These things are so much better than the pictures show!
Thanks for the blog responses...I'm working my way around..Enjoy..Deb

4 comments:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

congratulations on your blog. Your house looks awesome..just the kind I like!
Ele

Simply Me Art said...

Wow, Love your finds. Sorry about he sale, Ive had that happen also. Jamie

Renee said...

That is so funny I do the same thing as your friend Janet Waldrop, her stuff is pretty cool, thanks for sharing the pics. I love how she markets her jewels on an old photo.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm from Henderson, Tex. and I know Janet! She is darling and I love everything she does! Her son Jake is married to my friends daughter...Love, love your home...