Thursday, June 7, 2007

My daily guest....


Every day for the past 4 years we have had a visitor..an unusual but welcomed one..You see, we live in an old home that sits approximately 4 feet above the ground..in the eat-in kitchen area of the home are two pair of wavy old glass paned windows that overlook the back yard..being as high up as we are, it's like we are perched in the trees..my daily visitor is a beautiful red cardinal..Without fail, he will peck away 'Good morning' or midday or evening..I love hearing him chirp and sing cheerfully..On occasion he brings others around..There are about 2 other pair of cardinal mates in the yard..not to mention the other mourning doves, occasional red headed woodpecker, chickadees and oh yes, the hummingbirds..These are welcomed blessings in my life..

Today, my momma, Wanda and my nephew, Jesse and I went to an area flea market..Cypress Stump in Lecompte, LA..just down the road about 12 miles..I found a weathered and worn white wicker chair for $10..It might last a season..

It's is currently sitting on my front porch waiting for me to rest my hind quarters (or butt )..lol I also found a floral tole wall hook for $1.50..it needs to be painted a creamy color..

Yes, I will attempt some pictures..I'm working with a new camera and this new blog..I'll get it.. hummmm..let me attempt something right now.... Our front porch entry..We spend many hours perched upon this porch reviewing our day...
Let's see, what other photos can I send???
Ladies, thanks for sending such sweet welcoming messages! I was so thrilled when I received your kind posts! I'm Loving this!!!
Happy smiles and claps to Holly..@ http://http://hollydoodledesigns.com/WordPress/?p=76
I hope I did this right... enjoy.. deb

5 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

oh wow your front porch is so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hello my Deb, Hello all bloggers. I'm the husband that has been beating and banging in the bathroom. :):):)
Deb, This blog is absolutely great. You did good.
And for those of you that have never met my Vintageboquet, just let me tell ya'll that she is my best friend and a wonderful wife and mother. It has been our dream to have a "garden district" home for 20+ years. Our dream is a reality.

Anyway, Deb enjoy your blogging.

I.Y.L. ken

Renee said...

Love the house, and all of the plants, I myself have such a black thumb!

Renee said...

That was so sweet of your husband too, I just so had to add that congrats on your dreams coming true!

Anonymous said...

I have stumbled onto your front porch, and what a delightful place to rest.
I'll be back again soon.