Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Vintage treasures ~ pincushions




I have had this long-time love for these soft vintage pincushions..I've added to my collection sporadically through the years..I pick one or two up when I'm out junkin'.
(Since I'm an antique/vintage flea market dealer, that is quite often.) I thought I would 'work with the new camera a little' and snap a few photos of these.. In a previous post I mentioned my memories of momma sitting at the sewing machine hour upon hour..as a child, I remember her diligent concentration on the presserfoot of the machine..I can see the pins protruding from her mouth ..lol
She read that post and created a new addition to my pincushion collection..It's the beautiful red floral square pillow in the photo..Oh, and by the way..the black and white picture is me when I was about 3 or 4 years old!! Enjoy.. Deb

17 comments:

wanda knight said...

Deb, I love the pin cushions photo. Thank you for the memories.

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Lovely photos!! And your home is absolutely gorgeous!!! Welcome to blogging!!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love your pincushions, Deb and your hatboxes!

maggiegracecreates said...

Love the pin cushions too. My new MaryJane book has an entire section of them and even the instructions on the crochet strawberry/heart one in your photo. Very pretty

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Hello Deb, Thank you for your comment on my very new blog. Have just come to visit you and your blog is just delightful. You share my taste in so many things.
Keep in touch.

Helle Greer said...

Deb, thank you sooooo much for your sweet words on my blog reg. my cat Sally. It really helped me feel a little better.

Love your pincushion collection.
Smiles,
helle

Simply Me Art said...

So Pretty, You know my mom still uses the pin cushion I made her in Jr. High many many years ago. Stop by my Blog I have a Summer Givaway. Very pretty photos. Jamie

Gypsy Purple said...

Love the pincushions!!!

lauren said...

Hello Deb. Stopping by to thank you for your kind comments regarding my work on my blog. So sweet of you. Your blog and treasures are lovely, but I must say...
THAT HOUSE OF YOURS IS TO DIE FOR!!!

Love it! It's so beautiful and the surroundings too.

Thanks again for coming by!

savvycityfarmer said...

I love new readers...thanks for our visit...adding you to favorites, if that's ok...your home is stunning and divine...I must ask, what is the "garden district"

FrenchGardenHouse said...

How sweet your memories are, and the pincushions, too!!
Lidy

Anonymous said...

Happy 50th birthday my wife!!!

ken

Betty said...

Oh...I just love your pincushions! I collect them too.

Anonymous said...

DEB, I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR BLOG. YOU ARE A TERRIFIC SISTER, AND I HAD SUCH FUN WITH YOU WHILE YOU WERE HERE. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, JOY K

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Deb, just wanted to let you know that I've tagged you.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What a wonderful pin cushion collection, just lovely!