Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blessings



Something very very special recently happened in my life..something that has been a 'work in progress' for 2 1/2 years..Short story long...my precious husband was raised a devout cajun Catholic.. I, on the otherhand was not (am not)serving/acknowledging the Lord in our life has always come very easily..We practiced in non-denominational churches on and off..thru the 20 + years together..
When we moved back to our home state 4 years ago..He felt the need to get back into his faith of origin..So, as his wife, I went on the journey of having a previous marriage annulled..many meetings, councellings, talks, paperwork, waiting..later (little did I know how much of an experience this would be)..this was finally granted to me thru our local Catholic Diocese in April..Now, the next step in this process, was to have OUR marriage blessed/recognized by the Church..
We stood
before God, Fr. Dan, our two beautiful daughters,my momma and Kens two sisters and re-spoke our vows to one another..IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!
This was something done out of love and devotion for/to my husband and with God's blessings we march forward daily on our journey as a married couple til death us do part..Wow..I'm tearing up as I type this..it feels so..good to share this!!
Enjoy.. Deb

8 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Hello Deb! Thanks for your visit :) Welcome to the blogfamily which is enormous and growing! So you are a friend of Holly's? She is very talented! Your home is beautiful.

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi Deb, how wonderful for you, your husband and your family. You and your hubby look very happy together. It's a journey you won't ever regret. Congratulations to you all.
Hugz, Coll :-}

Renee said...

How wonderful for you and your hubby! Congrats to you!

I am a all over the place kind of girl to answer your ealier questions. Jewelry is my true passion and right now I am mostly obsessed with that. But I love to do crafts anything and everything, I am all over the place. I just learned how to knit crochet and embroider last year. So I would have to say a crafter and a jeweler.

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

thanks deb and congrats to you!!! debbie =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Deb. I had no idea you were doing this, it's a long road, isn't it? I'm so happy for you and Ken.

maggiegracecreates said...

what a touching post. congratulations to you both. thanks for sharing such a personal thing with us. a strong and faith based marriage is such a beautiful statement to others. you may never know who you touched with this.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

That is so beautiful! I never cried when my husband and I first got married. I always felt like if we ever renew our vows, I'm not sure if I could make it through it....I'd be crying. I'm sure you feel the same, after 25 years I now REALLY know what love is. Congratulations to you.
Ele

Retroboutiques said...

Congratulations! That is so very wonderful!